Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Seasons Change

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven, 2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3A time to kill and a time to heal; a time to break down and a time to build up; 4A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance."  Ecclesiastes 3:1-4, KJV
 
Season:  A period of time characterized by a particular feature (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/season)
In just a month away, we will be having a change of seasons.  Spring, my favorite seasons of the year, will be here.  As we are beginning to have some resemblance of Spring time weather, I am noticing the change of my mood.  I am finding myself wanting to be outdoors more.  In the mornings, I enjoy hearing the chirping of the birds.  I am basking in the sunny, cool breeze that can be felt mid morning.  This is the best time of the day for me to run.  I'm finding myself smiling more and having an extra pep in my step.  I am welcoming the change of seasons.
Throughout life, we experience many seasons.  We each have our own individual seasons and should not get caught up comparing against each other.  As our seasons change, we must be hopeful, thankful and steadfast.  Often times, this is hard to do during our more challenging seasons.  If you are like most and are resistant to change, you may find yourself experiencing anxiety  and despair.  However, just as the seasons change throughout the year, you can be sure that your challenging season will too change.  There will be a Season of Victory!
I am currently experiencing my Season of Victory!  I am grateful for this time after enduring years of valley seasons.  For a while, I thought I would only exist to know the harsh, cold winter months.  I thought I would never again know the feel of a nice cool breeze on a bright, sunny day nor  the smell of flowers ever again.  However, somewhere along the way, I was reminded of Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 and I held on to the knowledge that my gloomy season would indeed change in time.  I have truly experienced my seasons of being broken down, weeping and mourning.  From the major losses I've suffered to the addiction that almost cost me my life, I can attest to having my share of valley periods.  However, it is through those seasons that I'm able today to enjoy being built up, enjoy laughing and enjoy dancing once again.  Yes, I am rejoicing during my Season of Victory!  And, I'm confident you too will experience and rejoice in yours.        


No comments:

Post a Comment