Tuesday, March 18, 2014

And U say U Love Me?


"The scars you can't see are the ones that are hardest to heal."

Bang. Thump.  Bang, bang!  There're those loud noises again against the door.  This is the second time this week.  Clump.  Frustrated, I kick the wall in the hallway near the door of my mother's bedroom.  Dang it, why can't this door be unlocked?  I need to get in there!

Giving up on trying to get to my mom, I scream "Stoppppppp!"  Running back to my bedroom, I make my way to what has become a familiar hide away spot, my closet.  Here I curse, I cry and I vow I will never let someone aggressively put their hands on me!  Shaking out of anger, I also impatiently wait for my sister to join me.  She always does.  In a few more minutes, she will be here to put her arms around me and say those words I need to believe "Everything is going to be ok".    
Domestic violence is not only a vicious cycle for the abused, it is a terminal cancer for all involved parties.  Sadly, though awareness may be known and help may be desired; this out-of-control cell growth can continue to spread for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment