Sunday, March 16, 2014

Withholding Nothing

 
This weekend has been such a spiritual-filled one.  My mother's spirit has come back to life as I no longer try to bury it.  I was afraid when she tried previous times in the past to live again,  but I'm no longer afraid.  As I write about her memory and embrace who I am, I continue to be healed.  I can feel her heart beating again.  I can see the rise and fall of her chest as she begins to breathe again.  My sense of smell and other senses are super heightened right now.  She is speaking and I can hear her.  I can now see how I was contributing to quieting her voice, when she was only yearning to speak and sing again.

I was too broken before to allow her voice to be heard.  I silenced her when she only wanted to clear her throat and speak; stretch her vocal cords so that she could hold that note of pain she silently endured.  We can only do better when we know better.  Today, I know better.  I will no longer be silent!

God has empowered me to live so that He can have a voice, not for that voice to continue going unheard.  Today, I accept my responsibility for speaking up for the silent ones.  Today my voice will begin carrying that note for those who are simply too weak to echo a sound.  Domestic violence , emotional abuse, physical abuse, betrayal,  low self-value, dependency and co-dependency, worry, paralyzing fear, addiction, grief, mental and physical illnesses, are just a few that people are struggling with.

Well, Mama, I'm pulling the nails out one by one.  Each one hurt you very deeply; way too much for the average heart to bear. It's no wonder yours completely broke way too soon.  It truly was God's divine intervention that your heart was able to beat as long as it did.  Injustice was done to you, but it wasn't in vain.  There are other men and women too, out there who look and sound just like you.  They have been hurt deeply, just like you.  And, God wants to heal them; just like He completely healed you!

I invite; I welcome the Spirit of Truth in to do exactly what He wants to.  What has been keeping you from diving into your deep end?  Are you afraid of entering into a lion's den, with meat starved lions?  Take a plunge; dare to spring forward!  Dare to stand on God's Word and trust Him to be your saving power!  I'm boldly taking a chance.  I am shamelessly withholding nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment