Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Write the Vision

"And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it".  Habakkuk 2:2, KJV 
Write:  To form (letters, words, or symbols) on a surface such as paper with an instrument such as a pen.  (www.thefreedictionary.com)

Vision:  A vivid, imaginative anticipation.  (www.thefreedictionary.com)


It's that time of the year again when that famous question is asked, "What are your resolutions for the year"? 
After pondering what areas of my life I want to work on this year, I was finally able to write the blueprint for my life this year.  This tedious task turned out to actually be fun for me this year because I had the company of my God sister.  She and I carefully considered areas of our lives that could use improvement and we put the pen to the paper.  I went a step further and included how I purposed to achieve each goal.  For example, one of my resolutions this year is to continue fostering and nurturing my spiritual relationship with Christ.  So, one of the steps I will take towards this goal is continuing to engage in my daily devotional time (consisting of completing my church's daily scripture reading, reading an inspirational daily devotional followed by prayer).  After we finished writing our identified resolutions, we read them to each other.  We actively listened to one another, asked questions and provided feedback.  Also, in effort to hold one another accountable; we vowed to exchange our resolutions and frequently check in to see how we are progressing.
Later, as I reread my resolutions, I felt the difference it made in having these goals in mind and actually seeing them written.  Not only did I feel like I now had a concrete road map to navigate my journey this year, I also felt like I now have to be accountable.  Now that I can visually see clearer, I am excited and motivated to make this year one of my most successful years!  Look out; I'm about to soar to unknown heights!
Will you be joining me?


No comments:

Post a Comment