Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Last Push

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".  Thomas Edison 
 

Push TyRenee; push!  You can do this! Push!  You're not pushing hard enough.  But, I am.  I'm trying.  This is too tiring and painful.   These... contractions.. are.. ex cru ci ating! Uggghhh
Why does it seem like that last push is often times, the most difficult? 
I've been in labor for seven years and it's finally time for me to give birth!  I've been pushing for the past month, but I still have one last push to give before this baby is born.  I am exhausted! I am also in pain.  Although I know they need the air to completely heal, I am in pain from pulling the bandages off my covered wounds. 
I have made a choice to give my all to this birth.  There's a well-known comedian I enjoy listening to by the name of Steve Harvey.  I recall hearing Steve Harvey talk about his climb to success.  He encouraged those who were pursuing their dreams to put their all into achieving that particular dream.  Instead of other advice to not "put all your eggs into one basket", Mr. Harvey encouraged the opposite.  The rationale behind his advice was if one is busy putting his or her energy into Game Plan A, B, C and D, he or she is not able to give the full attention required for Game Plan A.  He further explained often times, our lack of full attention to the goal we are desiring to achieve prevents us from achieving that goal. 
In the past, I was one of those who believed it to be wise to have a plan B, C and D;  just in case plan A did not work out.  However, as I grow in my faith and trust in God, I am more comfortable adhering to Mr. Harvey's advice to stick to only one plan and give that plan my undivided attention and effort.  Just recently, I had the opportunity to become involved with a business opportunity.  The opportunity was one of much interest and benefit to me.  Immediately after signing up to become a member, I began to see that it was already competing for a lot of my attention.  With the advice and support from my mentor, I withdrew from my involvement with the business adventure so that I can have all the strength I need to give this one last push. 
As I pause to catch my breath, I'm again reminded of one of my favorite, inspirational scriptures Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."  My breathing is beginning to regulate again.  I'm going to inhale all the air I can and push this baby out!
You too have it in you to give one last push!  Just like a trainer encourages you to breathe and squat that last one of fifteen reps, I'm encouraging you to go the extra mile to achieve your established goal or make your dream a reality.  You can do it and so can I.  Push!


No comments:

Post a Comment