Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Save Some


“Money, like emotions, is something you must control to keep your life on the right track.”
Natasha Munson, Life Lessons for My Sisters: How to Make Wise Choices and Live a Life You Love!


As I travel this journey of embracing myself, I am forced to confront a part of me that desperately cries out for reshaping.  It's the infamous, impulsive spending/giving and lack of saving Self!

Throughout my life, I have always spent or gave down to my last.  If I did manage to save some money, it was only short lived.  Impulsive spending/giving have contributed to me having a very unattractive financial portfolio.  It has also forced me to have to borrow from entities that unsparingly take advantage of people like me.  I'm not going to bask in the "poor me victim role" and focus on regrets.  If any, I have only a few.  I have always been a giver and I don't ever want that humble part of me to change.  However, there is a need for me to learn how to better manage and save some of the money God blesses me with.

A few years ago, I requested assistance and reluctantly relinquished my finances to my husband to manage.  This was a very difficult decision because I was always a very independent individual.  My husband is a Business/Marketing Major and has always been great at managing finances.  He promised me that he would turn my financial picture into a more favorable one.   Isn't it great to have a partner who complements you?  A few months ago when I found some courage to check my FICO credit score, I was happily surprised that it exceeded average scoring!  Unbelievable, I thought for sure I was looking at someone else's score!

As I embrace all of me, I now want to play a more active role in managing my finances.  About a month ago, a friend shared a money saving chart.  This chart was designed for people like myself, who wants to start saving, but may be somewhat financially challenged.  I printed it out to utilize as I work towards keeping my resolution to save some money during 2014.  I'm only on Week 2, but with consistent diligence, I will reach my goal in Week 52!

Just like any other good gift I can share with others, I leave this chart with you.  If you desire to save some money of your own and can use some assistance, may this chart come to your aid.  Cheering you on! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment