Friday, January 24, 2014

God's New Thing Is Now!

"This may involve me, but it's not about me".

Pastor Walter R. Tucker III  

I'm a member of Truth and Love Christian Church, a Bible-teaching, Bible-believing Church.  In addition to our Pastor being a dynamic, anointed leader; he is an awesome teacher.  It is impossible to be a faithful member of this Ministry and remain the same.  Our theme last year was "God's New Thing Is Now!"  One of the things he taught us through his teachings under this theme was "This may involve me, but it's not about me!"

When I began writing this blog, I dedicated it back to the One who inspired it, my Heavenly Father.  I knew then that this blog does not belong to me.  I am simply being used as a vessel to encourage others, to uplift and prayerfully, motivate others to tap into the power and good that resides in them. 

For most of my professional career, I have worked in the Mental Health and Social Work Fields.  I know all too well the outstanding number of people who are hurting daily.  I have witnessed the despair, the hopelessness, and the mentality of utter defeat!  I have seen poverty and homelessness at its worst.  When I was pursuing my Bachelors Degree in Psychology and Sociology, I volunteered at one of the homeless shelters in my city.  As I humbly served the homeless, my heart ached for them.  Although I didn't possess the power to change their conditions, I vowed to help in ways I could.  When time came for me to serve, I made sure to leave my small problems and negative energy outside on the doorsteps of my home.  I made sure to enter into the shelter smiling and willing to help as much as I could during my shift.  I developed a good rapport with the residents and were privileged to hear some of their stories.  I was amazed to learn many of us are only one pay check from being poor and very close to being homeless should unfortunate events occur.  As a result of my volunteer experience with the homeless, I wrote a paper highlighting the homeless population.  My paper received recognition from my school and was chosen to be presented at an undergraduate symposium.  Through this experience, focus was brought  to this often overlooked population.

Through working in both fields, I am aware of the need for inspirational and motivational tools.  With so much in society to tear us down, we can all use tools that will build us up.  I can't stress how important it is for us to continuously eat food that will edify and strengthen us.  Deuteronomy 31:6, NKJV tells us "Be strong and of a good courageous, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the one who goes with you.  He will not leave your nor forsake you".  Some of us are right at the break of our breakthrough!  Those matters of the heart  that you are praying about are being heard.  Those dreams you may have had to put on hold are now ready to be birthed.  Situations in which every door have seemed to be closed are about to yield to opened doors.  Get up and get ready to walk through your door.  God's new thing is Now!  Our expierences and God's Will for our lives may involve us, but it really isn't about us!                   

I leave you with this song today.  Meditate on the words and may they encourage you. 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hi sis very much so encouraging im facing these hardships today though my mind tells me easily said than done yet i do know an believe that my God is near and im gona try an hold to your words Gods new things now an knowing that he closes old doors that may hurt me but he opening new ones to give me a new begining an a new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sis! I'm still praying for you and I'm trusting God to bring you through! Just remember this too shall pass and you will see this situation wasn't all about you. It only involved you. Stay encouraged!

    ReplyDelete