Thursday, January 2, 2014

Embracing All of Me


January 1, 2014
 
 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".  Philipians 1:6
 

As I worked out this morning, I noticed I was struggling a little bit. What normally isn't so much a challenge was surprisingly a bit challenging this morning. As I begin to push myself, the Holy Spirit began to speak to me.
In the past, I was always able to quickly lose weight and "get back into shape". This time is different. I'm not dropping the pounds as quickly, as easily. As God began to speak to me, He began telling me He's not doing a "quick fix". He began to show me how He's not only reshaping me physically, but also restoring and renewing me spiritually, completely!
As I attempt to "get into shape", I'm having to really discipline myself. Being that today is a holiday, it was as if my body had checked out and given itself permission to take today off. Although, my spirit was willing, my body wanted to have a break and relax today. It's interesting how so often the flesh wars against the Spirit; which is why it's so important for us to stay in constant prayer.  As I began to push through harder, God showed me how my discipline is yielding to physical and spiritual muscles! I'm losing only the "weight" I need to shed, while maintaining and gaining the muscles I need to endure! Needless to say, I completed my workout, without cutting it short like my body initially felt like doing!
 That same kind of discipline/faithfulness is carrying over into my spiritual walk with Christ! I'm learning how to pray more fervently when I feel like all hope is gone. I'm learning how to continue loving and forgiving when tears pour from hurt I've experienced. More than anything, I'm learning how sacred and significant my Devotional time with Christ truly is; for it is thru that time I'm gaining my spiritual muscles to endure the trials that will come my way.
A special someone, Terri Armstead, told me six months ago when I completely surrendered to God's Will for my life, "Cuz, you take this time and get You together and everything else will fall in place". She further encouraged me to be patient; for it was not overnight that this "weight" suddenly fell on me. I thank God for her. That encouragement has gone a longggg way. Today, I'm thankful to say "Things are coming into place". I'm starting to see a woman God is "reshaping" and I'm falling so much in love with her! I am embracing all of Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment