Friday, January 17, 2014

In Celebration of You

"Chance made us sisters; hearts made us friends".
Author Unknown




Today is a special day.  Today is the birthday of a dear friend, my sister Akiba!
Affectionately called "Kiba", has been my side kick since we were little kids.  She always did whatever I wanted to do; which sometimes led to us both getting into trouble.   I recall one day we were sent to bed for a nap.  I wasn't sleepy, so I suggested we play "hair salon".  Now, for those of you who are unaware of how we played this game, I will tell you.  Basically, we took turns modeling the role of a client and the role of the hairstylist.  Sounds harmless, right?  Well, one of the conditions of this game was permitting the person portraying the hairstylist to cut and style hair.  My sister attempted to cut and style my hair and I attempted to cut and style her hair.  I ended up shortening the game and took a nap because I didn't think her hair was cutting.  I didn't see it falling off.  When my mom awakened us from our nap and started to comb my sister's hair, my mom almost fainted!  My sister's long hair began falling into my mom's lap.  I'm sure I don't have to tell you the world of trouble I got into from both my parents.  My sister was lightly scolded for allowing me to cut her hair. 
As we grew up, Kiba became somewhat of a rock for me.  Although a couple of years younger, she had an unshakeable sense of stability in hard times we both experienced.  No matter what was gon, she remained optimistic that we would get through it.  She was such a nurturer; she would hug and hold me close to her until she felt me relax. 
Today, Kiba continues to be a stabling force in my life; though the relationship is now more reciprocal.  She is my trusted confidant; I don't have to worry about my personal concerns or issues being broadcast to the world.  She is one of my biggest cheerleaders; excitedly cheering me on when I'm pursuing new goals.  Kiba is one of my "play" buddies; we enjoy and participate in some of the same leisure activities (Karaoke).  Most of all, she is a compassionate woman of God who loves me unconditionally!
Sis, I'm wishing you a beautiful birthday weekend!  May God continues to grant you great health, infinite agape love and true prosperity!  While some people wait until a person has died to express their appreciation and love for that person, I prefer to express mines while I still physically have that person here with me.  From the bottom of my heart, I love you!  And, I thank God for choosing to bless me by giving you to me as my beloved sister.  In honor of your birthday, I celebrate you!
For those of you who have someone or some people who are special in your life, I encourage you to celebrate that person while the day is young.  Tomorrow is promised to no man.




5 comments:

  1. Tears.....speechless!!!! Gonna comment later for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those of you who don't know me, I'm very sentimental and it's very easy to make me happy.This post will be shared on my facebook page! This is one of the best birthday gifts ever! Some may see this as just words, but to me It's special and full of love! It feels so good to read this and know that I'm loved! The relationship my sister and I have is very unique! She has always been by my side and never against me. I wouldn't trade her for nothing in this world!

    Sis, I want you to know I that I really appreciate this and I love you so much! I will be printing abd framing this as well! Oh, and I didn't let you cut my hair you tricked me! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I'm so happy you enjoyed. I tried to convey what is in my heart for you. I truly love you and I try to take advavantage of every chance I get to express that to you.

    ReplyDelete