Monday, January 6, 2014

Don't Give Up

 
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me".
Philippians 4:13
I am beyond Ecstatic today.  I have waited 13.5 years for this day!
I am an alumna of Florida State University.  When I moved to California 13.5 years ago, I vowed to go to the game when they came back here to play for another BCS championship.  We had just won the National BCS Championship title earlier that year, so I knew we had the potential.  However, instead of going in the direction of being able to play in another national championship game, we be going in the opposite direction.  In fact, many began to doubt the Seminoles' ability to win another National Championship game due to the losing streak we were beginning to know o, so very well.  Yet, being a loyal Seminole, I cheered for us year after year, loss after loss!
Today, January 6, 2014, Florida State University will play in the BCS National Championship game against Auburn University here in Pasadena, California.  And, I will be in attendance!
As I prepare for the game today, I reflect on my own journey to where I am today.  In some ways, it resembles the career of the Seminoles.  There have been some celebratory victories; while there also have been a lot of mournful losses.  I will be sharing some details of both throughout the year.  For now, what is noteworthy is that I never gave up!  I didn't give up on the Seminoles when we were losing game after game and I didn't give up on myself as I was knocked down and out time and time again.  With God's Grace and Mercy, along with fervent righteous prayers of my own "cheerleaders", God has strengthened me to get back up again!  This imperfect individual is continuously being perfected to play in her own Championship Game!
And, so are you!  The mere fact that you are reading this today proves that it's not over for you.  There are Godly angels cheering for you!  "A setback is a setup for a comeback", Bishop T.D. Jakes.  So, rest if you must; but don't give up!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment